Current Watches and Warnings
Alaska, Chukchi Sea Coast
High Surf Advisory
Statement as of 3:08 PM AKDT on August 29, 2015
Expires 4:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2015
... High surf advisory remains in effect until noon akdt Sunday for
the Seward Peninsula coast...
A high surf advisory remains in effect until noon akdt Sunday.
* Location... the northern Seward Peninsula coast from Shishmaref
west... this includes the Village of Shishmaref.
* Winds... northwest winds 20 to 30 mph will continue this evening
through noon tomorrow before beginning to diminish.
* Waves and surf... seas 7 to 9 feet breaking offshore. A storm
surge just under 1 foot is expected.
* Timing... high surf conditions are expected to continue overnight
before beginning to subside slowly early tomorrow morning.
A high surf advisory means that localized beach erosion is
expected. Precautions should be taken to protect property.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning