Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Tucson Metro Area including Tucson/Green Valley/Marana/Vail
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 5:31 AM MDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 8:30 PM EDT on September 19, 2014
The National Weather Service in Tucson has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
central Pima County in Southeast Arizona...
* until 530 PM MST Friday
* at 527 am MST... a gauge on the Vamori wash near the community of
Santa Cruz was reporting 9.6 feet. Bankfull is 8.5 feet and flood
stage is 9.5 feet. At this level Route 21 will be flooded where it
crosses the Vamori wash. The Vamori wash was at its crest at 530 am
MST this morning... and will slowly begin to recede during the day
Friday. Due to very saturated soil in the Vamori wash basin this
will take at least 9 to 12 hours before the Vamori wash falls below
flood stage near Santa Cruz.
* This Flood Warning is for the Vamori wash in central Pima County.
The Flood Warning extends from the community of Cowlic to Santa
Cruz... and then south to the international border near the
community of Papago Farms.
* This Flood Warning extends the Flood Warning that was previously
in effect for central Pima County.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Stream rises will be slow and flash flooding is not expected.
However... all interested parties should take necessary precautions
Lat... Lon 3184 11195 3177 11200 3194 11232 3173 11233
3176 11241 3203 11237
Statement as of 5:40 PM MDT on September 18, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Douglas AZ...
A record rainfall of 1.63 inches was set at Douglas AZ today. This
breaks the old record of 1.52 inches set in 1985.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Tornado Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement