Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Luis Obispo County Central Coast
High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 5:18 AM PST on December 19, 2014
Expires 6:00 PM EST on December 21, 2014
... High surf advisory remains in effect from 9 PM this evening to
midnight PST Sunday night...
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect from 3 am Saturday to
3 PM PST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a
high surf advisory... which is in effect from 9 PM Friday to
midnight PST Sunday night. A coastal Flood Advisory has also been
issued. This coastal Flood Advisory is in effect from 3 am
Saturday to 3 PM PST Sunday.
* Surf and timing... surf heights will likely exceed 10 feet by
late this evening. The peak of the event will occur on Saturday
when 15 to 20 foot breakers are expected. Locally higher sets
will be possible for exposed northwest facing beaches. Surf
should gradually subside on Sunday... but may remain above 10
feet through at least late Sunday evening. The high surf
advisory may need to be extended into Monday.
* Coastal flooding... there be the potential for minor coastal
flooding this weekend... especially a few hours either side of
high tide. A high tide of 6.2 feet will occur at Port San Luis
at 752 am on Saturday... then 6.4 feet at 831 am on Sunday.
* Impacts... there is the potential for significant beach
erosion... damage to structures such as piers... minor coastal
flooding... dangerous rip currents... and sneaker waves.
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area... producing rip currents and localized beach
Remember... if caught in a rip current... swim parallel to shore
until you are free of the powerful current. Always swim near a
A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that the very large surf and
high tides will combine to generate flooding of low lying areas
along the shore.
- Arkansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch
- Kansas - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch
- Washington - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch