Current Watches and Warnings
California, Santa Barbara County Central Coast
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 10:00 AM PST on December 18, 2014
Expires 3:00 AM EST on December 22, 2014
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from late Friday
night through Sunday evening...
* surf and timing... surf heights may exceed 10 feet as early as
midnight on Friday. The peak of the event will likely occur on
Saturday when 15 to 20 foot breakers... with local sets to 25
feet will be possible for exposed northwest facing beaches.
Surf should gradually subside through Sunday... but may remain
above 10 feet through late Sunday evening. A high surf
advisory will likely be issued with this event as it gets
closer and confidence in timing increases.
* Impacts... impacts may include significant beach erosion...
damage to structures such as piers... minor coastal flooding...
dangerous rip currents... and sneaker waves.
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats to beach and
surf zone safety are expected or occurring. Caution should be
used when in or near the water. Stay near occupied lifeguard
towers and never swim alone. If caught in a rip current... swim
parallel to the shore.
- Alaska - High Wind Warning
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Special Weather Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement