Current Watches and Warnings
California, Orange County Coastal Areas
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 12:24 PM PDT on October 25, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 26, 2014
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from Sunday morning
through Sunday evening...
* waves and surf... 3 to 6 feet with local 8 foot sets... mainly
south of La Jolla and near Huntington Beach.
* Timing... all day Sunday. Largest sets likely in the morning.
Strongest and more frequent rip currents in the afternoon.
* Impacts... strong rip currents and dangerous swimming conditions
for inexperienced swimmers.
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats such as strong
rip currents... elevated surf heights... minor tidal overflow... or
lightning are possible at local beaches. Obey posted warning
signs and flags and talk to a lifeguard before swimming. Use
caution when in or near the water and always swim near a
The National Weather Service wants to hear from you.
Please visit the following link to give US feedback
on the new beach hazards statement:
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Arizona - Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement