Current Watches and Warnings
California, Orange County Coastal Areas
High Surf Advisory
Statement as of 12:51 AM PST on March 08, 2014
Expires 1:00 PM EST on March 08, 2014
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 10 am PST this
* surf... 4 to 7 feet on west facing beaches... with local sets to
* Timing... through this morning.
* Impacts... strong rip currents. Minor beach erosion.
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area... producing rip currents and localized beach
The National Weather Service wants to hear from you.
Please visit the following link to give US feedback
on the new beach hazards statement:
Statement as of 3:39 AM PST on March 08, 2014
Expires 5:00 PM EST on March 08, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect until 2 PM PST this afternoon...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect until 2 PM PST this afternoon.
* Winds... areas of northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35
mph... diminishing this afternoon.
* Location... near the foothills.
* Timing... winds will increase this morning with strongest winds
from after sunrise until around noon. Winds will diminish this
* Impacts... the winds will make driving difficult... especially
for motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken
tree limbs and other debris.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Statement as of 4:30 PM PST on March 07, 2014
... Highest minimum temperature records broken or tied on Mar 07 2014 ...
Location new record old record period of record
Newport Beach 58 tied 58 in 2007 1921
San Diego 60 58 in 1986 1914
Oceanside Harbor 58 55 in 2002 1909
Elsinore 54 52 in 1986 1897
Escondido 57 tied 57 in 1901 1900
Ramona 52 tied 52 in 1987 1974
El Cajon 57 55 in 2002 1979
Palm Springs 62 59 in 1934 1906
thermal 65 62 in 1972 1950
Indio 66 64 in 1986 1894
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Special Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Air Quality Alert
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report