Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Diego County Valleys
Statement as of 1:50 PM PST on March 08, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from 1 am PST to 5 PM PDT Sunday...
... Wind Advisory will expire at 2 PM PST this afternoon...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 1 am PST to 5 PM PDT Sunday.
* Winds... areas of east winds 15 to 30 mph... with gusts to 45 mph.
Isolated gusts up to 55 mph.
* Location... near the foothills.
* Timing... although the winds will continue to decrease this
afternoon... they will increase again tonight... peaking Sunday
* Impacts... the winds will make driving difficult... especially
for motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken
tree limbs and other debris.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Statement as of 4:30 PM PST on March 07, 2014
... Highest minimum temperature records broken or tied on Mar 07 2014 ...
Location new record old record period of record
Newport Beach 58 tied 58 in 2007 1921
San Diego 60 58 in 1986 1914
Oceanside Harbor 58 55 in 2002 1909
Elsinore 54 52 in 1986 1897
Escondido 57 tied 57 in 1901 1900
Ramona 52 tied 52 in 1987 1974
El Cajon 57 55 in 2002 1979
Palm Springs 62 59 in 1934 1906
thermal 65 62 in 1972 1950
Indio 66 64 in 1986 1894
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report