Current Watches and Warnings
California, Los Angeles County Mountains excluding the Santa Monica Range
High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
Statement as of 3:09 AM PST on February 07, 2016
Expires 9:00 PM EST on February 07, 2016
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM PST this evening...
... High Wind Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 2 PM PST
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a
High Wind Warning... which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to
2 PM PST Monday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Winds and timing... northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45
mph will continue through the day. The northeast winds will
increase this evening to 25 to 40 mph with gusts to around 60
mph and persist into Monday afternoon. Advisory level wind gusts
will likely then continue through early Tuesday afternoon.
* Impacts... gusty winds will make driving difficult... especially
for drivers of high profile vehicles. The potentially stronger
winds Sunday night into Monday could result in downed trees
and power outages.
A High Wind Warning means that damaging high winds of 58 mph or
greater are likely or imminent. Secure all loose outdoor
furniture in advance of the onset of strong winds. Monitor the
latest forecasts on NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite media
When driving... use extra caution. Be prepared for sudden gusty
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 9:56 PM PST on February 06, 2016
Expires 9:00 PM EST on February 08, 2016
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Sunday evening
through Monday afternoon for gusty offshore winds and low
relative humidity for the mountains of Los Angeles and Ventura
counties including the Santa Monica Mountains as well as the Santa
Clarita and Ventura County coastal valleys...
* winds... northeast winds 25 to 40 mph with possible gusts
between 60 and 70 mph.
* Relative humidity... daytime minimum humidities will fall to
between 10 and 20 percent.
* Impacts... if fire ignition occur... conditions could be
favorable for extreme fire behavior which would threaten life
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Please advise the appropriate officials or
fire crews in the field of this Fire Weather Watch. Listen for
later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:55 AM PST on February 07, 2016
... Wind reports past 6 hours...
Location speed time/date elevation
Avila Beach, cal poly pier 29 mph 0327 am 02/07 0 ft
... Los Angeles County mountains excluding the Santa Monica range...
Sandberg 39 mph 0640 am 02/07 4510 ft
Oat Mountain 37 mph 0530 am 02/07 3693 ft
... Los Angeles County San Fernando Valley...
Porter ranch 37 mph 0324 am 02/07 1633 ft
Granada Hills 33 mph 0105 am 02/07 1414 ft
Glendale 32 mph 0615 am 02/07 803 ft
Van Nuys apt. 32 mph 0154 am 02/07 799 ft
1 S Chatsworth 30 mph 0640 am 02/07 915 ft
Chatsworth 30 mph 0325 am 02/07 1042 ft
2 NE San Fernando 30 mph 0343 am 02/07 1391 ft
... San Luis Obispo County central coast...
Port San Luis nos 25 mph 0336 am 02/07 523 ft
... Santa Cruz and anacapa islands...
Santa Cruz Island central 37 mph 0253 am 02/07 75 ft
central Santa Cruz Island 33 mph 0100 am 02/07 1335 ft
... Santa Monica Mountains recreational area...
6 SSW Woodland Hills 31 mph 0604 am 02/07 2450 ft
... Ventura County coast...
Point Mugu NAS 25 mph 0356 am 02/07 13 ft
... Ventura County coastal valleys...
South Mountain 64 mph 0113 am 02/07 2350 ft
1 NNE Simi Valley 35 mph 0337 am 02/07 1035 ft
1 NNE Simi Valley 30 mph 0203 am 02/07 987 ft
1 NE Moorpark 25 mph 0538 am 02/07 685 ft
Simi Valley (3 w) 25 mph 0549 am 02/07 991 ft
Simi Valley High School 25 mph 0300 am 02/07 1037 ft
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposure. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Wind Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , Winter Storm Watch
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Minnesota - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - High Wind Warning , Blizzard Warning , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Winter Storm Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Blizzard Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert