Current Watches and Warnings
California, Riverside County Mountains
Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 7:00 AM PDT on August 20, 2014
Expires 12:15 PM EDT on August 20, 2014
624 am PDT Wed Aug 20 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through this evening...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of southwest California...
including the following areas... apple and Lucerne valleys...
Coachella Valley... Riverside County mountains... San Bernardino
County mountains... San Bernardino and Riverside County
valleys- the inland Empire... San Diego County deserts... San
Diego County mountains... San Diego County valleys and Santa
Ana Mountains and foothills.
* Through this evening.
* Scattered thunderstorms capable of producing heavy rain will be
possible through this evening. Flash flooding is possible where
heavy rain occurs and some distance downstream.
* Heavy rainfall will produce runoff that could lead to flash
floods... especially along mountain streams... desert washes and
below recently burned areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for minor flooding of urban
extreme southwestern San Bernardino County in Southern
western Riverside County in Southern California...
northwestern San Diego County in southwest California...
southeastern Orange County in southwest California...
* until 915 am PDT
* at 619 am PDT... moderate to heavy showers and a few embedded
thunderstorms were continuing to move northeast off the ocean and
moving onshore between Oceanside and San Clemente... extending
through the southern inland Empire to the mountain slopes. Minor
flooding is also possible due to the continual rain over the recent
burn scars in Camp Pendleton.
* Locations impacted include... Banning... Camp Pendleton... Canyon
Lake... east Hemet... Fallbrook... Hemet... Homeland... Lake
Elsinore... Murrieta... Murrieta Hot Springs... nuevo...
Oceanside... Perris... San Jacinto... Temecula... Valle Vista... and
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause elevated levels on
small creeks and streams... and ponding of water in urban areas...
highways... streets and underpasses as well as other poor drainage
areas and low lying spots.
Lat... Lon 3364 11745 3406 11708 3398 11701 3394 11691
3395 11679 3373 11680 3329 11723 3318 11738
3335 11753 3342 11763
Statement as of 6:47 AM PDT on August 20, 2014
Expires 10:45 AM EDT on August 20, 2014
... Significant weather advisory for extreme southwestern San
Bernardino... extreme eastern Orange... western Riverside and extreme
northwestern San Diego counties until 745 am PDT...
At 636 am PDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar was tracking a
line of heavy showers with embedded thunderstorms between Temecula
and Perris... affecting the southern inland Empire... moving northeast
around 30 mph.
Hail up to the size of nickels is possible with this storm... along
with heavy rain.
Areas affected by this storm include... Perris... Hemet... and
Please report significant weather or damage to the National Weather
Service San Diego twitter and facebook pages.
Lat... Lon 3405 11711 3388 11678 3368 11686 3345 11709
3341 11719 3359 11749
time... Mot... loc 1345z 213deg 26kt 3386 11705
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Heat Advisory
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Heat Advisory
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Ohio - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement