Current Watches and Warnings
California, Riverside County Mountains
Statement as of 1:01 PM PDT on September 30, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 05, 2014
... Heat advisory in effect from 11 am Friday to 8 PM PDT Sunday...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect from 11 am Friday to 8 PM PDT
* Day-time high temperatures... inland Empire... 100 to 106 degrees.
San Diego County valleys... 96 to 103 degrees. Santa Ana
Mountains and foothills below 3000 foot elevation... 92 to 102
degrees. San Bernardino... Riverside and San Diego County
mountains below 5000 feet... 85 to 102 degrees.
* Timing... Friday through Sunday.
* Impacts... abnormally hot temperatures can be stressful to
animals and humans... making it hard for the body to acclimate
and remain hydrated. Without precautions even healthy adults
could experience heat stress and illness.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency - call 911.
- California - Frost Advisory , Freeze Watch, Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Colorado - Frost Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch, Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report