Current Watches and Warnings
California, Modoc County
High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
Statement as of 2:10 AM PDT on October 25, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 26, 2014
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening...
A High Wind Warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this
evening. A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this
* Winds... south winds 35 to 50 mph with gusts to 70 mph.
* Timing... now through this evening. Winds will be strongest late
this morning into this afternoon.
* Locations include: Tennant.
* Impacts... traffic along Highway 299 across the Cedar Pass
could experience a strong cross wind. These winds can cause
travel difficulties... especially for high profile vehicles.
In addition... since it is still hunting season... hunters
should be aware that winds will be even stronger in the
surrounding mountains. This could bring down branches and
cause trees to fall.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is
expected. Sustained wind speeds of at least 50 mph or gusts of
75 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be
impacted... especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
- Arizona - Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Record Report
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report