Current Watches and Warnings
California, Modoc County
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 10:59 PM PDT on August 22, 2017
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on August 23, 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 1 PM to 8 PM PDT
Wednesday for abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire weather
zones 285... 624 and 625...
... Red flag warning will expire at 11 PM PDT this evening for
abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire weather zones 285...
624 and 625...
* impacts: lightning and high fire danger will likely result in
new fire starts. Gusty thunderstorm winds could contribute to
fire spread. Despite rainfall, initial attack resources could
be overwhelmed and holdover fires are possible. Some
thunderstorms may see heavy rain with possible flash
flooding, but numerous strikes are expected outside of the
heavy rain cores.
* Affected area by the red flag warning: - in northern CA fire
zone 285. - In southern or fire zones today... 624... western
625. On Wednesday 625 and eastern 624.
* Thunderstorms: isolated thunderstorms are likely to continue
into tonight. The area of thunderstorms will shift east and
increase again on Wednesday afternoon and evening, with
scattered thunderstorms expected mostly in California fire zone
285, and Oregon fire zones 625 and eastern 624.
* Outflow winds: gusty and erratic winds of 30 to 40 mph are
possible from stronger thunderstorms.
* View the hazard area in detail at:
* abundant lightning on existing very dry fuels could cause
numerous new fire ignitions. Gusty and erratic outflow winds
could also create extreme fire growth potential.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Colorado -
- Delaware - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Record Report
- Hawaii - Special Statement
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Areal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Flood Warning, Lakeshore Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report