Current Watches and Warnings
California, East-Central San Joaquin Valley
Statement as of 8:35 AM PDT on July 31, 2014
... Record high minimum temperature tied at Bakersfield on July
... Airport-specific record high temperature at Merced on July
... Airport-specific record rainfall tied at Madera on July 30th...
A tropical airmass associated with the remnants of former Hurricane
Hernan moved over the central and southern San Joaquin Valley during
the early morning of July 30th. This kept morning temperatures warm
and brought some rain to the region.
The low temperature at Meadows Field... Bakersfield... on July 30th
was 82 degrees. This tied the record high minimum temperature for
the date... last set in 1980.
... Airport-specific records for July 30th...
The high temperature at the Merced regional Airport on July 30th
was 106 degrees. This broke the Airport-specific record high
temperature of 102 degrees... set in 2000.
The rainfall at the Madera Municipal Airport on July 30th was a
trace. This tied the Airport-specific record rainfall for the
date... last set in 2003.
* The automated stations at the Hanford... Madera and Merced
airports are not the official climate sites for their
respective cities. Records at these airports only date back
to the commissioning of the automated stations in 1998
/Hanford in February and Madera and Merced in September/...
the Airport readings should not be used as the official
records for these cities.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Tropical Storm Warning
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Tropical Storm Warning
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report