Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Francisco Peninsula Coast
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 7:29 PM PDT on July 01, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 04, 2016
... Beach hazards statement in effect through Monday evening...
The National Weather Service in San Francisco has issued a beach
hazards statement for rip currents and cold water temperatures... which
is in effect through Monday evening.
* Hazards... rip currents which could be strong at times and cold
water temperatures which could lead quickly to hypothermia.
* Timing... through the weekend.
* Location... the entire coast from Sonoma County south along the
Big Sur coast.
* Potential impacts... rip currents can pull even the best swimmer
away from the beach and out to sea. Cold water temperatures can
quickly result in hypothermia.
A beach hazard statement for rip currents means that conditions
are present to support a heightened risk of strong rip currents.
Rip currents are typically more frequent and stronger in the
vicinity of jetties... inlets... and piers. Swimmers caught in a rip
current should swim parallel to the coast to escape the rip
current before trying to swim for shore. Swimmers should always
swim near a lifeguard.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Areal Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement