Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Kit Carson County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 5:00 AM CDT on July 01, 2016
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on July 02, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from this evening through late
The National Weather Service in Goodland has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of east central Colorado and
Kansas... including the following areas... in east central
Colorado... Cheyenne County and Kit Carson County. In Kansas...
Greeley... Logan... Sherman... Wallace and Wichita.
* From this evening through early Saturday morning.
* Excessive rainfall from showers and thunderstorms is expected to
fall on wet soils from the past several days.
* Flash flooding could wash out local roads, particularly in rural
areas prone to flooding tonight. Turn around, dont drown.
A Flash Flood Watch means that additional rainfall may result in
flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor later forecasts and be prepared to move quickly to higher
ground should flash flooding occur.
Local Storm Report
06/30/2016 0637 PM
12 miles S of Cope, Kit Carson County.
Heavy rain e0.93 inch, reported by cocorahs.
0.93 inches within 15 minutes ending at event time.
06/30/2016 0708 PM
13 miles NW of Bethune, Kit Carson County.
Tornado, reported by public.
Individual was at County roads 40 and hh looking north.
Report relayed through law enforcement.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:00 AM MDT on July 01, 2016
... On this date in weather history...
In 1994, a strong thunderstorm complex swept through northwest Kansas
and southwest Nebraska producing hail and severe winds up to 90 mph.
A business in Red Willow County sustained significant damage, while an
11 year old boy was thrown 40 yards suffering minor cuts and bruises.
The storm continued to produce extremely strong winds across northern
Kansas and southern Nebraska as it progressed eastward. Numerous
buildings were damaged and large trees were uprooted across many counties.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report