Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Southern Brevard County
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:36 AM EDT on October 09, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 09, 2015
... High rip current risk in effect from 7 am EDT this morning
through this evening...
The National Weather Service in Melbourne has issued a high rip
current risk... which is in effect from 7 am EDT this morning
through this evening.
* Timing... there will be a high risk of rip currents through the
day. More numerous and strong rip currents may occur from mid
morning through mid afternoon near the time of low tide.
* Impacts... strong and life threatening rip currents will create
hazardous swimming conditions at east central Florida beaches.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as jetties and
piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol flags and
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain
calm... do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for
help. If you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to
shore and back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory, Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch