Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory, Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch
Statement as of 10:43 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EST on November 02, 2014
1040 PM EDT Fri Oct 31 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 8 PM EDT
* locations... the mountains of northeast Georgia and portions of
the North Carolina mountains.
* Hazards... accumulating snowfall.
* Timing... rain showers this evening will change over to snow
overnight as snow levels drop to the valley floors by daybreak
Saturday. Scattered snow showers will likely linger through the
day on Saturday... before ending Saturday evening.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches.
* Impacts... the wet snow combined with very windy conditions could
produce isolated tree and power line damage. Road surfaces may
see slightly less snow accumulation... but bridges and overpasses
may become snow covered and icy.
* Temperatures... falling into the upper 20s to lower 30s.
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities late Friday night and Saturday... and use caution
Please report snow and ice accumulations by calling the National
Weather Service toll free at... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1. Leave a
message with your observation and the specific location where it
occurred. You can also Post your report to National Weather
Service Greenville Spartanburg facebook or tweet your report
using hashtag nwsgsp. Additional details can be found at
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 PM EDT Saturday...
... Freeze watch remains in effect from late Saturday night
through Sunday morning...
* locations... northeast Georgia and the South Carolina mountains.
* Hazards... strong winds may blow trees and limbs down producing
scattered power outages.
* Timing... late tonight through Saturday for winds and early
Sunday morning for freezing temperatures.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Impacts... scattered power outages. Subfreezing temperatures
will kill any remaining crops and should end the growing season.
* Temperatures... lows in the lower 30s.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
A freeze watch means sub-freezing temperatures are possible.
These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Montana - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Gale Warning