Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 7:33 PM HST on August 21, 2017
Expires 4:00 AM EDT on August 22, 2017
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has extended the
* Flash Flood Warning for...
the island of Kauai in Kauai County
* until 1000 PM HST
* at 728 PM HST, radar showed that rainfall has diminished over
Kauai. However, emergency management reported that kuhio Highway
remains closed near the Hanalei bridge. Stream levels are
gradually lowering and that trend is expected to continue through
the evening hours.
* Locations in the warning include but are not limited to...
A Flash Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring in
streams, roads, and low lying areas. Move to higher ground now.
Do not cross fast flowing water in your vehicle, or on foot. Turn
around, Don/T drown.
This warning may need to be extended beyond 1000 PM HST if flooding
Lat... Lon 2221 15934 2214 15929 2205 15934 2197 15933
2188 15943 2191 15960 2189 15961 2196 15967
2198 15976 2202 15979 2206 15979 2216 15971
2223 15956 2221 15950 2223 15949 2224 15940
Statement as of 6:40 PM HST on August 21, 2017
Expires 11:30 PM EDT on August 22, 2017
... Coastal flooding possible through Wednesday...
The sea level around the islands is running as much as a foot
above the values shown by tide predictions due to an eddy moving
west through the area. The peak high tides of the month will roll
in on top of the elevated sea level.
Peak water levels will occur during the afternoons and evenings.
During this time, you may encounter flooding of beach areas that
are normally dry and inundation of docks, boat ramps and other
coastal infrastructure. Be prepared for salt water covering some
roads. Coastal flooding will end during the second half of next
week as the peak daily tides diminish.
For details on the times and heights of The Tides, please see
noaas tides and currents web site.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Colorado -
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Heat Advisory
- Florida - Record Report
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch
- Illinois - Areal Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Heat Advisory
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Lakeshore Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania - Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Watch
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement