Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 8:25 PM HST on September 04, 2015
Expires 4:30 AM EDT on September 05, 2015
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has extended the
* Flash Flood Warning for...
the island of Kauai in Kauai County
* until 1030 PM HST
* at 812 PM HST... radars showed showers continuing over central and
southwest Kauai. The heaviest rain has ended for now... but Kauai
emergency officials report kuhio Highway remains closed near the
* Other locations in the warning include but are not limited to
Haena... Wainiha... Na Pali State Park... Moloaa... Kalalau Valley...
Princeville... Kilauea and Anahola.
A Flash Flood Warning means flash flooding is imminent or occurring
in streams... roads and low lying areas. Move to higher ground now.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This warning may need to be extended beyond 1030 PM HST if flash
Lat... Lon 2225 15971 2225 15927 2199 15928 2202 15960
Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory
Statement as of 5:53 PM HST on September 04, 2015
407 PM HST Fri Sep 4 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Kauai... Niihau and Oahu.
* Until 6 PM HST Saturday.
* A very moist air mass... together with an upper level trough
just west of the state... likely will produce locally heavy
showers and thunderstorms through Saturday. Saturated soils
from recent and current rainfall will increase the risk for
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday...
A high surf advisory remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday.
* Surf... along south facing shores... 6 to 8 feet through
tonight... rising to 7 to 10 feet Saturday.
* Timing... through Saturday 6 PM HST.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers... swimmers... and surfers should heed all advice given
by ocean safety officials and exercise caution. Boaters should
expect recreational surfers and body boarders utilizing Harbor
channels to access surfing areas.
Statement as of 4:39 PM HST on September 04, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 87 set in 1990.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Warning , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement