Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Kauai Leeward
High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:47 PM HST on October 19, 2014
329 PM HST sun Oct 19 2014
... High surf advisory in effect until 6 am HST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a high surf
advisory... which is in effect until 6 am HST Monday.
* Surf... 10 to 15 feet along north facing shores... and 8 to 12
feet along west and south facing shores.
* Timing... through tonight.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong long shore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers... swimmers... and surfers should heed all advice given
by ocean safety officials and exercise caution.
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect until 6 PM HST Monday...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* Kauai... Niihau and Oahu.
* Until 6 PM HST Monday.
* Rainbands associated with Hurricane Ana may produce rainfall
amounts of 3 to 6 inches with locally up to 8 inches on Kauai
and an additional 2 to 4 inches on Oahu overnight. If these
amounts occur within a short period of time... flash flooding
* In addition to possible flash flooding... excessive runoff may
result in rock and mudslides in steep terrain.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
Statement as of 4:29 PM HST on October 19, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Honolulu HI...
A record rainfall of 3.4 inch(es) was set at Honolulu HI today.
This breaks the old record of 1.86 set in 1999.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Freeze Warning
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Freeze Warning
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New York - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Rhode Island - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning