Current Watches and Warnings
High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:29 PM HST on December 02, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EST on December 04, 2016
328 PM HST Fri Dec 2 2016
... High surf advisory now in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday...
* surf... 6 to 10 feet along east facing shores of Kauai Oahu
Molokai Maui and The Big Island.
* Timing... tonight through Saturday.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers... swimmers... and surfers should heed all advice given
by ocean safety officials and exercise caution. Know your limits
and seek ocean recreation areas best suited for your abilities.
When in doubt... do not go out.
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday afternoon...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* all Hawaiian islands.
* Through Sunday afternoon
* the combination of deep tropical moisture and an unstable
airmass will result in potential for heavy showers and
thunderstorms across the state through the weekend.
* Rainfall rates from heavier downpours and thunderstorms could
cause streams to quickly overflow their banks... leading to
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued. Campers and hikers should
consider postponing their Outing until the weather is better.
High streams... as well as streams overflowing their banks... could
make conditions very dangerous.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Maine - Special Statement
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Avalanche Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- North Carolina - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Utah - Wind Advisory
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - High Surf Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement