Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Lanai Makai
High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:36 AM HST on September 04, 2015
334 am HST Fri Sep 4 2015
... High surf advisory remains in effect from 6 am this morning to
6 PM HST Saturday...
A high surf advisory remains in effect from 6 am this morning to
6 PM HST Saturday.
* Surf... along south facing shores... 6 to 8 feet.
* Timing... from 6 am HST this morning through Saturday 6 PM HST.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers... swimmers... and surfers should heed all advice given
by ocean safety officials and exercise caution. Boaters should
expect recreational surfers and body boarders utilizing Harbor
channels to access surfing areas.
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 PM HST this
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* all Hawaiian islands.
* Until 6 PM HST this evening.
* A very moist air mass... together with an upper level trough just
west of the state... likely will produce locally heavy showers and
thunderstorms through this afternoon. Saturated soils from
recent and current rainfall across the state will increase the
risk for flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
Statement as of 4:26 PM HST on September 03, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Honolulu HI...
A record 0.85 inches of rainfall at Honolulu Airport today... breaks
the old record of 0.18 set in 1992. This message may be updated for
additional rainfall between now and midnight.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Warning, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report