Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Big Island Interior
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 4:45 PM HST on September 21, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 22, 2014
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has extended the
* Flood Advisory for the island of Hawaii in Hawaii County
* until 800 PM HST
* at 436 PM HST... radar continued to show scattered heavy showers
and thunderstorms producing rain rates of more than 2 inches per
hour over the Kau slopes. The heaviest rainfall has been occurring
near Wood Valley and Pahala.
* Other locations in the advisory include but are not limited to
Punaluu and Naalehu.
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This Flood Advisory replaces the previously issued advisory that was
in effect for portions of the island of Hawaii in Hawaii County.
This advisory may need to be extended beyond 800 PM HST if heavy rain
Lat... Lon 1916 15577 1946 15538 1924 15529 1885 15572
Statement as of 4:18 PM HST on September 21, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Kahului hi...
The high temperature of 93 degrees at Kahului hi today ties the
record of 93 last set in 1977.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Frost Advisory
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement