Current Watches and Warnings
Massachusetts, Southern Plymouth
Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:49 PM EDT on October 22, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on October 23, 2014
1013 PM EDT Wed Oct 22 2014
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
Plymouth County in southeastern Massachusetts...
northern Bristol County in southeastern Massachusetts...
southeastern Norfolk County in eastern Massachusetts...
* until 245 am EDT
* at 1148 PM EDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain that will cause
minor Urban and Small Stream flooding. Overflowing poor drainage
areas will result in minor flooding in the advisory area.
* Some locations that will experience minor flooding include
Brockton... Plymouth... Taunton... Randolph... North Attleborough...
Norwood... Stoughton... Bridgewater... Marion... Attleboro...
Mansfield... Middleborough... Easton.
Heavy rainfall will cause ponding of water on highways... streets and
underpasses. Do not drive through flooded roads.
A Flood Advisory is issued for minor Urban and Small Stream flooding.
Do not drive through flooded roads.
Lat... Lon 4183 7054 4181 7054 4179 7056 4169 7084
4197 7138 4221 7114 4201 7071 4195 7066
4194 7062 4195 7059 4192 7054 4189 7053
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Thursday morning...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire...
including the following counties... in Massachusetts...
Barnstable... Bristol... Essex... Middlesex... Norfolk... Plymouth
and Suffolk. In southern New Hampshire... Hillsborough.
* Through Thursday morning
* periods of heavy rain with embedded thunderstorms will continue
overnight into Thursday morning... before tapering to scattered
showers by Thursday afternoon.
* A widespread 1.50 to 2.50 inches of rain is anticipated... but
localized 4 inch amounts are possible. This may result in areas of
localized flooding... especially in urban areas.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Statement as of 9:40 PM EDT on October 22, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on October 23, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect until 8 am EDT Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect until 8 am EDT Thursday.
* Location... for much eastern Massachusetts into Worcester County
and southward into northeast Connecticut and all of Rhode
Island. This includes the following cities and towns of
Putnam... Willimantic... Milford... Worcester... Foxboro...
Norwood... Taunton... Brockton... Fall River... New Bedford...
Mattapoisett... Manchester... Nashua... Foster... Smithfield...
Providence... West Greenwich... Warwick... Bristol...
Narragansett... westerly and Newport.
* Winds... north 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Timing... the strongest winds will occur tonight in heavy rain
squalls and isolated thunderstorms.
* Impacts... these strong winds may result in some downed tree
limbs and even isolated power outages. The heavy rain combined
with many fully leafed trees will likely exacerbate the
potential for downed tree limbs.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds
this strong are capable of Downing small tree limbs and
branches... possibly causing isolated power outages. Driving can
also be difficult... especially for high profile vehicles.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 11:32 PM EDT on October 22, 2014
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 7
hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation
is extended to Skywarn spotters... cooperative observers... media and
Highway departments for these reports. This summary is also available
on our home Page at weather.Gov/Boston
***********************peak wind gust***********************
Location Max wind time/date comments
... Bristol County...
Fairhaven 52 758 PM 10/22 West Island
... Essex County...
Rockport 53 710 PM 10/22 amateur radio
5 WNW Beverly 47 520 PM 10/22 ASOS
Marblehead 47 714 PM 10/22 amateur radio
... Middlesex County...
Cambridge 46 602 PM 10/22 amateur radio
Wakefield 45 737 PM 10/22 trained spotter
... Norfolk County...
3 SSW Milton 49 504 PM 10/22 ASOS
Cohasset 46 710 PM 10/22 trained spotter
... Plymouth County...
Hull 60 905 PM 10/22 mesonet
Scituate 50 644 PM 10/22 Humarock section
... Suffolk County...
Winthrop 56 954 PM 10/22 amateur radio
1 N East Boston 51 515 PM 10/22 ASOS
South Boston 46 515 PM 10/22 trained spotter
... Washington County...
Charlestown 47 600 PM 10/22 amateur radio
Block Island 46 515 PM 10/22 AWOS
Location wind time/date comments
... Plymouth County...
Hull 46 954 PM 10/22 mesonet
... Suffolk County...
1 N East Boston 41 528 PM 10/22 ASOS
- Alabama - Frost Advisory
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Frost Advisory
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory
- Indiana - Frost Advisory
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Kentucky - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Maine - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- Ohio - Frost Advisory
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Flood Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch