Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 7:44 PM CDT on April 23, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on April 24, 2014
The Flood Advisory continues for
the paint river at Crystal Falls
* until Thursday morning.
* At 7 PM Wednesday the stage was 5.6 feet.
* Bankfull stage is 5.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below bankful by
late Thursday morning.
* At 5.5 feet... 3500 - cfs - river exceeds bankfull stage.
Lat... Lon 4601 8831 4610 8839 4612 8828 4604 8821
Statement as of 3:48 PM CDT on April 23, 2014
Expires 5:30 AM EDT on April 24, 2014
... Late season wet... heavy snowfall expected over northwest Upper
A broad low pressure system approaching from the plains will spread
precipitation across Upper Michigan Thursday through Friday morning.
Whether this precipitation will be in the form of rain or snow
remains uncertain. At this time... it appears a mix of rain and wet
snow will overspread Upper Michigan west to east on Thursday... but
precipitation may change to mostly snow over the higher
terrain... mainly west of a line from Marquette to Iron Mountain
Thursday afternoon and Thursday night. The wet snow may fall heavy at
times before the precipitation diminishes Friday morning.
The heaviest snow will likely fall over the higher terrain of the
Keweenaw peninsula. To the south... higher terrain locations west of
a line from Marquette to Iron Mountain may see 4 to 7 inches of
heavy... wet snow accumulation by late morning Friday. Snow may not
accumulate on roadways Thursday afternoon unless it is snowing
heavily. Look for slushy snow accumulations to develop on roads late
in the afternoon and especially Thursday night. Travel may become
hazardous due to slushy snow on the roads. The wet... heavy nature of
the snow will also make shoveling and snow removal very difficult.
Stay tuned to later forecasts for updates on this evolving early
Spring winter storm.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Connecticut - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Delaware - Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Wind Advisory
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Texas - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement