Current Watches and Warnings
Lakeshore Flood Advisory
Statement as of 11:05 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Lakeshore Flood Advisory remains in effect until noon EDT
* Lake Shore flooding... strong onshore wind pushed the water level
on Lake Huron up to about 45 inches above chart datum during the
early evening... followed by a downward trend to about 40 inches
as of 11 PM at Fort Gratiot.
* Timing... the slow downward trend will continue during the night
as northerly gales slowly subside.
* Impacts... beach erosion with minor Lakeshore flooding is
possible. With recent water levels this event may be comparable
to October 30th 2012.
* a Lakeshore Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds will
generate flooding of low areas along the Lakeshore.
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit weather.Gov/Detroit
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 9:09 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
Corrected for incorrect date
The following are some peak wind gusts reported to the National Weather Service today...
as of 909 PM...
Port Hope 51 mph 207 PM...
Saginaw 43 mph 407 PM...
Ypsilanti 39 mph 752 PM...
Ann Arbor 38 mph 422 PM...
Adrian 38 mph 700 PM...
Flint 37 mph 1259 PM...
Pontiac 37 mph 703 PM...
Detroit Metro Airport 37 mph 601 PM...
Detroit City Airport 37 mph 553 PM...
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Guam - Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Kentucky - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Montana - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Gale Warning