Current Watches and Warnings
Michigan, Van Buren
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 12:00 AM EDT on August 03, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on August 03, 2015
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect until 8 am EDT
* high wave action... strong currents and dangerous swimming
* Strong structural currents expected.
* Strong longshore currents expected.
* Rip currents expected.
* Location... beaches from St. Joseph to Manistee.
* Beaches with particularly dangerous conditions late tonight
include... South Beach in South Haven... Grand Haven State
Park... Pere Marquette Park in Muskegon.
* Overview/potential impacts... southwest winds 25 to 30 mph with
higher gusts possible. Waves will build to 3 to 6 feet with
locally higher waves likely.
A squall line moved through the area this evening. This has the
potential to bring very strong winds and extremely dangerous
High wave action makes swimming difficult and can tire even a
strong swimmer quickly.
Structural currents form along piers where longshore currents and
wave action flow into the structure. Structural currents can
sweep you out into deeper water along the pier structure.
A longshore current is a lake current that moves parallel to
shore. Longshore currents can be strong enough to prevent
swimmers from being able to keep their feet on the bottom...
making it difficult to return to shore.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
sandbars. Rip currents can sweep you into deeper water.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 11:21 PM EDT on August 02, 2015
... Wind reports past 6 hours ...
Location speed time/date lat/Lon
... Allegan County...
W mich regional Arpt 45 mph 0529 PM 08/02 42.74n/86.11w
1 ESE North Dorr 39 mph 0533 PM 08/02 42.76n/85.73w
2 WNW Bradley 37 mph 0605 PM 08/02 42.64n/85.68w
... Barry County...
1 ENE Woodland 38 mph 0532 PM 08/02 42.74n/85.11w
... Calhoun County...
W K Kellogg Airport 45 mph 1030 PM 08/02 42.31n/85.25w
... Clare County...
2 SW Leota 35 mph 0612 PM 08/02 44.12n/84.92w
... Eaton County...
Charlotte Fitch beach Arpt 35 mph 0715 PM 08/02 42.57n/84.81w
... Gratiot County...
Gratiot Community Airport 38 mph 0531 PM 08/02 43.32n/84.68w
Wheeler 38 mph 0911 PM 08/02 43.41n/84.46w
... Ingham County...
2 NNE Lansing 36 mph 0600 PM 08/02 42.74n/84.54w
Mason Jewett Arpt 36 mph 1011 PM 08/02 42.57n/84.42w
... Ionia County...
Ionia County Arpt 39 mph 0714 PM 08/02 42.94n/85.06w
... Jackson County...
Jackson County-Reynolds fiel 39 mph 0753 PM 08/02 42.26n/84.46w
... Kalamazoo County...
kzoo/Battle Creek Intl airpo 43 mph 1027 PM 08/02 42.23n/85.55w
... Kent County...
Gerald r Ford Intl 46 mph 0535 PM 08/02 42.89n/85.54w
2 se Cedar Springs 39 mph 0836 PM 08/02 43.19n/85.51w
... Marine reporting stations...
Ludington buoy 47 mph 0530 PM 08/02 44.00n/86.60w
South Haven buoy 43 mph 1030 PM 08/02 42.40n/86.30w
Port Sheldon buoy 38 mph 0910 PM 08/02 42.90n/86.30w
South Haven glerl 38 mph 0530 PM 08/02 42.40n/86.29w
Muskegon buoy 36 mph 0820 PM 08/02 43.20n/86.40w
... Muskegon County...
Muskegon County Airport 44 mph 0543 PM 08/02 43.17n/86.24w
Muskegon glerl 41 mph 0610 PM 08/02 43.23n/86.34w
Wabaningo 40 mph 0656 PM 08/02 43.37n/86.42w
Cloverville 35 mph 0813 PM 08/02 43.19n/86.16w
... Newaygo County...
Fremont Municipal Arpt 39 mph 0545 PM 08/02 43.44n/85.99w
... Oceana County...
4 SSE Hart 48 mph 0750 PM 08/02 43.64n/86.33w
3 ENE Pentwater 39 mph 0614 PM 08/02 43.81n/86.38w
... Van Buren County...
Mattawan 42 mph 0524 PM 08/02 42.21n/85.79w
2 WSW Gobles 40 mph 1010 PM 08/02 42.35n/85.92w
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposure. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning
- Indiana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Severe Thunderstorm Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement
- - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Small Craft Advisory