Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Edgecombe
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 5:35 AM EDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on July 23, 2014
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am EDT this morning...
The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a dense fog
advisory... which is in effect until 9 am EDT this morning.
* Visibility... one quarter mile or less.
* Impacts... the reduced sight distance will make driving hazardous
this morning. Drivers should travel below the posted speeds...
keep headlights on... and be prepared for sudden drops in
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Statement as of 4:22 AM EDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 8:45 AM EDT on July 23, 2014
... Areas of fog this morning in the Triangle northward to the
Areas of fog have developed over northeast portions of central
North Carolina this morning... reducing visibilities to less than
a half mile. Locations impacted by the fog include the Triangle...
Siler City... Henderson... Roanoke Rapids... Tarboro... and Rocky
Mount... as well as Interstate 95... Highway 64 and 264... and
This fog is expected to persist through the morning rush hour.
Motorists are urged to use extra caution this morning... and be
prepared for sudden drops in visibility... especially near bodies
of water. The fog will start to break up after 9 am.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:52 AM EDT on July 23, 2014
The warning alarm feature of the NOAA weather and all hazards
radio will be activated for test purposes this morning... between
11 am and noon. This test is conducted every Wednesday morning...
unless there is a threat of severe weather.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report