Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Union
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 11:27 PM EDT on September 18, 2014
Expires 1:30 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued a
* Flood Advisory for heavy rainfall in...
northeastern Union County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...
* until 130 am EDT
* at 1125 PM EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
an area of heavy rainfall across the advisory area. Doppler radar
estimated that around one to two inches of rain has fallen areas
between Monroe and Marshville within the past hour. An additional
inch is possible over the next several hours.
* Runoff from this rainfall will cause minor flooding to occur...
especially along small streams and near low water crossings. Some
locations that will experience minor flooding include...
Marshville... Unionville and Wingate.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flooding is observed act quickly. Do not
drive through areas where water covers the roadway.
Lat... Lon 3498 8030 3498 8054 3518 8050 3516 8041
Statement as of 11:41 PM EDT on September 18, 2014
... A strong thunderstorm will affect northeastern Union County in the
Piedmont of North Carolina through 1230 am EDT...
At 1138 PM EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated a
strong thunderstorm near Marshville... or 10 miles east of Monroe...
moving west at 5 mph.
This storm will impact locations near...
Small hail... wind gusts up to 40 mph and torrential rainfall are
expected with this storm.
The combination of gusty winds and wet soil conditions will cause
scattered trees and power lines to fall. Seek shelter inside an
Heavy rains may flood areas with poor drainage... such as ditches and
underpasses. Avoid these areas and do not cross flooded roads. Water
levels of small streams and rivers may also rise rapidly. Seek higher
ground if threatened by flood waters.
Please report damaging winds... hail... or flooding to the National
Weather Service Greenville Spartanburg by calling toll free... 1...
800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1... or by posting on our facebook Page... or tweet
it using hashtag nwsgsp. Your message should describe the event and
specific location where it occurred.
Lat... Lon 3503 8029 3497 8029 3491 8031 3498 8063
3519 8053 3519 8049 3517 8046 3518 8043
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report