Current Watches and Warnings
New Jersey, Hudson
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:56 AM EST on January 25, 2015
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Monday afternoon through
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Monday afternoon through
* Locations... the lower Hudson Valley... northeast New Jersey... New
York City... and southwest Connecticut.
* Hazard types... heavy snow and near blizzard conditions.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches.
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
* Timing... heaviest snow and strongest winds will occur overnight
Monday into Tuesday.
* Impacts... blowing and drifting of snow with near blizzard
conditions are expected due to strong winds.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Statement as of 1:26 AM EST on January 25, 2015
... Record daily maximum snowfall set at Kennedy NY...
a record snowfall of 3.4 inches was set at Kennedy NY yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 2.8 set in 1971.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:43 AM EST on January 25, 2015
... Winter storm/blizzard preparedness information...
Winter storm and blizzard watches have been posted for the tri-
state area. This means hazardous winter weather conditions... such
as heavy snow and winds of 35 mph or higher with snow and blowing
snow reducing visibility to less than 1/4 mile for at least 3
hours... may affect the area in the next 24 to 48 hours... but its
occurrence... location and timing are still uncertain.
Stay tuned to NOAA all hazards weather radio... your local media...
or visit our web site at... weather.Gov/NYC as this watch may be
upgraded to a warning.
Before the storm strikes... be prepared.
At home or work the following items should to be available...
* flashlights and extra batteries.
* Canned food and a manual opener... bottled water and essential
* A first aid kit.
* Sufficient heating fuel.
* A working fire extinguisher and smoke alarm.
* Salt and sand.
* A battery powered radio.
Make sure your pets have plenty of food... water and shelter.
Make sure your vehicle is fully checked and winterized. Carry a
winter storm survival kit including blankets... cell phone... a
flashlight with extra batteries... a shovel and a map.
If you become stranded in your vehicle... ensure the tail pipe is
clear... then stay inside... run the engine 10 minutes each hour for
heat... keep your window open to avoid Carbon monoxide
poisoning... and from time to time exercise body parts to keep
blood circulating and to keep warm. Tie a colored cloth to your
If caught outside... try to stay dry and cover exposed body parts.
For additional information on preparing for winter storms... please
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch, Wind Chill Advisory , Wind Chill Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Winter Storm Watch
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch , Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory, Air Stagnation Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch, Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Rhode Island - Blizzard Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Vermont - Winter Storm Watch
- Virginia - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report