Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Sierra County Lakes
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:36 PM MDT on July 30, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on August 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from 8 am MDT Thursday
through Saturday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of nm... including the following areas... central
Tularosa basin... east slopes Sacramento Mountains below 7500
feet... eastern Black Range foothills... northern Dona Ana
County... Otero Mesa... Sacramento Mountains above 7500 feet...
Sierra County lakes... southern Gila foothills/Mimbres valley...
southern Gila Highlands/Black Range... southern Tularosa basin
and west slopes Sacramento Mountains below 7500 feet.
* From 8 am MDT Thursday through Saturday morning
* saturated soil conditions from previous rains combined with
expected heavy rainfall over the next 3 days will generate
excessive rain runoff with a potential for flash flooding
along drainages... small streams... arroyos and low lying areas.
* Normally dry arroyos and streams could be quickly filled with
fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water crossing
roadways could become impassable. Flooding of poorly drained
streets and intersections is possible for urban areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch, Flood Advisory
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report