Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro Area
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 4:51 AM MDT on April 19, 2018
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on April 20, 2018
... High Wind Warning in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to 3 am
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a High
Wind Warning, which is in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to 3 am
* Location... west Central Highlands, Santa Fe and Albuquerque
Metro areas, Sandia/Manzano Mountains, and the Estancia valley.
* Winds... south to southeast 30 to 45 mph with gusts of 55 to 65
* Timing... winds will increase this afternoon and peak during the
evening as showers and storms enhance downburst winds.
* Visibility... locally reduced from 2 to 5 miles in areas of
blowing dust. Visibility may be locally reduced below 1/4 mile
near dry Arroyo beds, open fields, and construction sites.
* Local impacts... strong winds will create hazardous cross winds
on west to east oriented roadways, including Interstate 40 and
parts of Interstate 25. Blowing dust may create sudden and very
dangerous reductions to visibility. High profile vehicles may
become unstable or even blow over, light weight objects may be
tossed around, dead trees, tree limbs, and power lines may fall.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:16 AM MDT on April 19, 2018
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 19, 2018
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 6 PM MDT
* area and timing... middle Rio Grande Valley from early afternoon
through early this evening.
* 20 foot winds... south to southeast 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 45
to 55 mph late this afternoon. Winds will continue to be strong
in the evening but moisture levels will be increasing.
* Relative humidity... 12 to 17 percent this afternoon.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Arizona - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Dust Storm Warning, High Wind Warning , Dust Storm Warning, Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- American Samoa -
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Special Statement
- Georgia - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Flood Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Frost Advisory
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Montana - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Jersey - Flood Warning
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Ohio - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch