Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Marion
Statement as of 4:13 AM EDT on July 26, 2016
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on July 26, 2016
... Heat advisory now in effect from noon today to 7 PM EDT this
* heat index values... will peak between 105 and 108 due to
temperatures in the low to mid 90s... and dewpoints in the mid
70s except upper 70s along the immediate coast.
* Timing... the highest sustained heat index values will occur in
the mid to late afternoon hours.
* Impacts... the combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible. If
you suspect someone having a heat stroke... call 911 immediately.
To reduce the risk of heat illness during outdoor work...
the occupational safety and health administration recommends
scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned
environments... and to drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids.
Never leave children or pets unattended in a closed up
vehicle during the day. In just 15 minutes... temperatures
inside the vehicle could easily surpass 140 degrees.
Outdoor livestock and pets will also need plenty of
shade... a well ventilated environment... and plenty of
accessible drinking water.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 9:07 AM EDT on July 22, 2016
... Public information statement...
The NOAA Weather Radio transmitter site in Winnabow, NC khb-31
broadcast on frequency 162.550 mhz serving portions of southeast
North Carolina will be off the air for maintenance this morning.
For the latest watches, warnings, and forecast, please visit
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- California - Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning
- Indiana - Areal Flood Advisory
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maryland - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Special Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report