Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Inland Colleton
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 9:01 PM EDT on October 08, 2015
Expires 5:45 PM EDT on October 09, 2015
537 PM EDT Thu Oct 8 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the edisto river near Givhans Ferry.
* At 8 PM Thursday the stage was 16.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring.
* Forecast, the river will rise to near 16.5 feet by Saturday morning
then begin a slow fall.
* At 15.0 feet, major flooding occurs as the entire flood plain
between Canadys and Norman Landing is inundated. Extensive damage
occurs to homes and Cabins in this area and most river access roads
Lat... Lon 3303 8055 3310 8053 3308 8036 3290 8037
3290 8045 3302 8044
The National Weather Service in Charleston has extended the
* Flood Warning for...
Colleton County in southeastern South Carolina...
* until 545 PM EDT Friday
* Colleton County emergency management and National Weather Service
storm survey teams report inundation of waterways which feed into
the edisto river. Most if not all access roads leading to the
edisto river from Highway 61... Pierce Road and mcdanieltown Road
are impassable due to flooding. Flood waters have also reached the
lower level of some homes along the river... including in the Camp
buddy Road area. A river Flood Warning for major flooding remains
in effect for the edisto river near Givhans Ferry.
Away from the immediate edisto river... creek levels will remain
nearly steady or could even slowly rise due to runoff from heavy
rain which fell over the weekend. This includes the Ashepoo and
combahee rivers and creeks which join these rivers including
Horseshoe creek... as well as creeks which feed into the edisto
river well upstream from the river across eastern Colleton County.
If you live near creeks and rivers in eastern and southern
Colleton County... monitor water levels and prepare to move away
from waterways if water levels rise.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... price
bridge Landing... Bonnie Doone Plantation Road... Cottageville...
Canadys... Round O... Ashepoo... Ritter... White Hall and Bennetts
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3315 8071 3307 8062 3305 8039 3297 8042
3284 8039 3274 8045 3265 8039 3255 8042
3250 8036 3253 8035 3252 8029 3248 8033
3249 8046 3259 8058 3260 8065 3267 8068
3268 8073 3292 8061 3317 8080
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report