Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Tidal Berkeley
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 9:01 PM EDT on October 08, 2015
Expires 2:30 PM EDT on October 09, 2015
227 PM EDT Thu Oct 8 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Santee river near Jamestown.
* At 8 PM Thursday the stage was 18.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Forecast, the river will continue rising to near 23.7 feet by early
Tuesday morning. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* At 23.0 feet, the home at the end of Lawton farm Lane begins to
Lat... Lon 3347 8002 3354 7998 3335 7969 3327 7946
3320 7951 3329 7976
The National Weather Service in Charleston has extended the
* Flood Warning for...
Charleston County in southeastern South Carolina...
Berkeley County in southeastern South Carolina...
Dorchester County in southeastern South Carolina...
* until 230 PM EDT Friday
* at 218 PM EDT... area emergency management agencies reported that
high water levels continued across part of the warned area... with
some roads and homes still experiencing significant flooding.
Although little to no additional rainfall is expected through
Friday... water levels are expected to only slowly recede across
many flooded areas. Some of the more higher impacted flood areas
includes regions along the Ashley... edisto and Santee rivers...
including the surrounding creeks and tributaries. Water levels may
hold steady... or even rise some through Friday. All those that
live near a river or creek should continue to monitor water
levels... and prepare to move away from waterways if water levels
continue to rise.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Charleston... North Charleston... Mount Pleasant... Summerville...
Goose Creek... Hanahan... Moncks Corner and McClellanville.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall earlier in the week will
continue to cause flooding of small creeks and streams... highways
and underpasses in urban areas. Additionally... country roads and
farmlands along the banks of creeks... streams and other low lying
areas are subject to flooding.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3300 7936 3303 7953 3280 7973 3279 7991
3268 7989 3261 8000 3249 8033 3274 8045
3305 8039 3307 8062 3318 8079 3333 8051
3327 8030 3345 8022 3351 7999 3313 7927
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report