Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 6:45 PM EST on January 26, 2015
Expires 4:00 AM EST on January 27, 2015
... A dusting of light snow accumulation possible overnight...
Temperatures continue to tumble as cold air moved into the region
this afternoon. An upper level disturbance will sweep southeast
tonight... and should cause scattered snow showers or flurries to
develop across most of the region into Tuesday morning.
The accumulating snowfall is expected to be confined to the higher
elevations along the Tennessee and North Carolina line. However...
a dusting to near 1 inch of snow accumulation is possible... mainly
over northern parts of the Cumberland Plateau and higher elevations
of southwestern Virginia.
A dusting to less than 1/2 of an inch of snow could accumulate in
a few spots across the northern and Central Valley counties of east
Tennessee... as well as Cherokee and Clay counties of North
A dusting of snow is possible as far south as Chattanooga... although
accumulations should remain very light and be mostly confined to
grassy and elevated surfaces.
While accumulations will be minor... some travel hazards may occur.
Travelers may encounter some slick spots in these areas. Caution
is advised... especially for back roads... bridges and overpasses.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio and local media outlets for
further details or updates.
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory
- Indiana - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Coastal Flood Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Record Report