Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Rio Grande Valley of Eastern El Paso/Western Hudspeth Counties
Statement as of 2:09 PM MDT on March 18, 2018
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on March 18, 2018
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 PM MDT this evening...
* event... strong winds of 25 to 35 mph. Gusts of 40 to 50 mph,
strongest along east slopes of area mountains.
* Timing... winds will continue across area until around sunset.
* Impacts... strong cross winds will make handling of vehicles
difficult at times. Blowing dust over desert areas will create
poor visibilities, especially along I-10 corridor west of Las
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 7:20 AM MDT on March 18, 2018
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on March 18, 2018
... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM
MDT this evening for low humidities and strong winds for Hudspeth
The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has
issued a red flag warning, which is in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 7 PM MDT this evening.
* Affected area... Hudspeth County.
* Wind... strong winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts between 40 to 50
mph along east slopes of area mountains.
* Humidity... 10 to 15 percent
* impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada -
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement