Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 11:02 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 8 PM EDT
* locations... North Carolina high country... north into the
mountain Empire of southwest Virginia.
* Hazard types... heavy snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 3 to 6 inches... with 6 to
12 inches at elevations above 4000 feet.
* Timing... through early Saturday evening.
* Impacts... locally heavy snow... plus strong winds... will down
some trees and cause power outages. Roads will become slick at
higher elevations... with reduced visibilities.
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
Highest gusts will occur mainly on Saturday afternoon and
* Temperatures... dropping into the upper 20s to lower 30s by
Saturday morning... and only rising into the mid to upper 30s
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food...
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The public is encouraged to report snowfall amounts or wind
damage to the National Weather Service via email at
rnk.Skywarn@noaa.Gov or at phone number 1... 8 6 6... 2 1 5... 4 3 2
4. You can also send reports via our facebook Page or twitter. For
additional weather information... visit US on the web at
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Record Report
- Montana - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Gale Warning