Current Watches and Warnings
West Virginia, Wirt
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 8:54 AM EDT on April 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on May 01, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 2 PM EDT this afternoon
through Sunday morning...
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of northeast Kentucky...
southeast Ohio and West Virginia... including the following
areas... in northeast Kentucky... Boyd... Carter... Greenup and
Lawrence KY. In southeast Ohio... Athens... Gallia... Jackson
OH... Lawrence OH... Morgan... Meigs... Perry... Vinton and
Washington. In West Virginia... Barbour... Boone... Braxton...
Cabell... Calhoun... Clay... Doddridge... Fayette... Gilmer...
Harrison... Jackson WV... Kanawha... Lewis... Lincoln... Logan...
Mason... McDowell... Mingo... Nicholas... Pleasants... Pocahontas...
Putnam... Raleigh... Randolph... Ritchie... Roane... Taylor...
Tyler... Upshur... Wayne... Webster... Wirt... wood and Wyoming.
* From 2 PM EDT this afternoon through Sunday morning
* a system will bring 1 to 2 inches of rain to the area this
afternoon into Sunday. Some of this rain may fall heavily over a
short period of time.
* Recent rainfall has primed the area so that small streams and
creeks may rise rapidly.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Warning , Tornado Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- New York - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Utah - High Wind Watch
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- - Severe Thunderstorm Watch