Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Absaroka Mountains
Statement as of 3:29 PM MDT on August 30, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2014
248 PM MDT Sat Aug 30 2014
... Significant weather advisory for southwestern Big Horn...
northwestern Washakie... northern Hot Springs and southeastern park
counties in central Wyoming until 415 PM MDT...
At 324 PM MDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar was tracking
strong thunderstorms along a line extending from state Hwy 290 mile
marker 10 to 7 miles northwest of legend rock state petroglyph
site... and moving northeast at 30 mph.
Hail up to pea size in diameter and wind gusts up to 50 mph are
expected with these storms... along with heavy rain and frequent
These storms will be near...
Grass Creek and Meeteetse around 335 PM MDT.
Hwy jct 431 and 120... and Gooseberry creek around 340 PM MDT.
Meeteetse Rim around 345 PM MDT.
If threatening weather approaches your area... take shelter in a
Brief heavy rain... which may flood low lying areas such as ditches
and underpasses... is also likely. Do not drive your vehicle on a
Report hazardous weather to the National Weather Service office in
Riverton at 1-800-211-1448.
Lat... Lon 4443 10853 4401 10814 4375 10871 4417 10911
time... Mot... loc 2128z 236deg 26kt 4414 10893 4388 10867
Through 5 PM... scattered thunderstorms are continuing across the
absarokas and Owl Creek Mountains this afternoon... moving northeast
at around 35 mph. The main hazards will be frequent cloud to ground
lightning... wind gusts to 45 mph... brief heavy downpours... and pea
to Marble size hail.
- Alabama - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement