Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Absaroka Mountains
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 2:45 PM MST on December 19, 2014
Expires 1:00 PM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday evening
through Monday morning...
A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday evening
through Monday morning.
* Summary and timing... snowfall will move over the central
mountains late Saturday evening... and may become heavy on
Sunday across the area before weakening on Monday morning.
* Snow accumulations... the foothills may receive 5 to 8 inches of
snowfall... with the highest accumulations anticipated northwest
of Pinedale toward Bondurant. The higher elevations may see 10
to 14 inches of snowfall... with locally higher amounts possible.
* Wind and visibility... west wind of 25 to 35 mph will impact
the mountainous areas with gusts to 45 mph in open areas while
the lower elevations see northwest wind increasing to 15 to 25
mph on Sunday with some stronger gusts. The wind and snowfall
will limit the visibility to under one half mile at times.
* Impacts... areas potentially experiencing the combination of
gusty wind with snowfall may have limited visibility on
impacted roadways. Additional significant snowfall may create
hazardous travel with snow-packed roadways.
Remember... a Winter Storm Watch means conditions are favorable
for hazardous winter weather in and close to the watch area.
The latest Road conditions provided by the Wyoming Department of
Transportation are available by calling 5-1-1 or on the internet
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory